Meet the Staff
T.J. Bettis - Owner
T.J. has been catching fish ever since he was old enough to hold onto a rod. His first experience with a fly rod was casting poppers to bluegill on a midwestern pond at age 12. It was clearly an addictive experience as he has now been fly fishing for over 30 years. He has a passion for traveling as well as fishing and especially enjoys when the two are mixed. He has fished for many different species in many parts of the world and rarely goes anywhere without a fly rod. His wife, Heidi, even let him take a few rods on their honeymoon, which included stops at some very nice water in Ireland and Austria. He has several children who you may see from time to time helping out in the shop.
- Hunting shore-crawling reds in the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon.
- Looking for bonefish anywhere they can be found.
- Drifting dry flies for native brook trout in small, rocky streams in the Appalachian Mountains.
Born and raised in Florida with a passion for the outdoors. He will fish for anything, from small native North Carolina brook trout to giant summer tarpon. If he is not fishing he is probably tying flies.
- Mosquito Lagoon hunting for tails.
- Tampa bay looking for big snook and juvenile tarpon.
- Flood tides in South Carolina.
- Exploring blue lines in North Carolina.
Brian is an Erie, Pennsylvania native who spent his youth chasing walleye, perch, and smallmouth on his home waters of Lake Erie as well as stocked and native trout that called the region’s cold-water streams home. He started fly fishing in 1996 when he and his family moved to Florida. He quickly became obsessed with catching as many species as possible using fly tackle, no matter their sporting quality or their choice of habitat. He’s likely to spend months tying flies, researching locations, pouring over maps, and checking out fishing reports in preparation for adventures to unfamiliar waters.
- Chasing south Florida exotics like Peacock Bass, Jaguar Quapote, and Oscars.
- Swinging streamers on a switch rod for steelhead in Michigan.
When you place an order on the Orlando Outfitters website you have Dave to thank for the experience. Not only is it likely that he will be the one packing and shipping your order but he put together our e-commerce website and maintains the website as a whole. Dave's fly fishing experience has primarily been on streams and lakes in the Orlando area. When not hard at work enhancing and maintaining our website, Dave enjoys spending time with his wife and their many, many cats.