Scott Sector Fly Rod
Scott Fly Rods
Following on the heels of the Scott Meridian, one of our all-time favorite rods, the Scott Sector had big shoes to fill. We are happy to say that it is up to the challenge.
The new Sector integrates cutting edge fly rod components, new tapers, and the latest technology in materials and layup. The result is a lightweight yet durable rod with excellent tracking and the ability to store and release energy very efficiently.
What this means for you is that this rod will help you to cast tight loops effortlessly into the wind, intuitively delivering your fly right to the target. When the target moves, you'll be able to pick the line up and, in one backcast, put it right down where it needs to be.
The Sector will allow you to make short, accurate casts when a fish shows up right next to the boat. Then, on the next cast, launch a long cast with minimal false casts to a fish that shows up at the edge of your range. The best thing is that the Sector feels great in your hand and is just plain fun to cast.
- The Sector features Scott's award winning ReAct technology with new tapers and their new Carbon Web.
- Scott’s all new Carbon Web technology improves torsional stability and rod durability by encasing the unidirectional fibers in a web of ultra-light multi-directional carbon fiber. These fibers help counteract torsional forces giving you better tracking and power for long line pickups and redirecting casts. They also help to reduce the propagation of micro fractures from stress or impact that can run in unidirectional layups.
- Built with newly designed cutting-edge fly rod components made to defy harsh saltwater environments, redefine reliability, and enhance angler experience.
- All new CeRecoil stripping guides with nickel titanium frames and super slick Zirconia inserts.
- Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance.
- The guide sets are PVD coated in a low reflective coating for even greater durability and stealth.
- The reel seats are milled from aircraft grade aluminum and feature self-indexing slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification.
- Flor grade cork grips are turned to Scott's modified wells shape, and the new fighting butts feature a thick soft rubber for greater comfort in tough fights or while bracing on long casts.
No need to dream about your perfect fly rod - It’s here. The new Sector Series from Scott.