Fleeing Crab Tying Kit
This extremely simple crab pattern is one of our favorites for redfish and black drum. It is effective on anything that eats crabs, including permit and bonefish. It is quick and easy to tie, looks good in the water, and, most importantly, catches fish. See our Tying the Fleeing Crab fly pattern page for basic tying instructions and more information on the fly. You can buy ready to fish Fleeing Crabs on our Fleeing Crab product page.
- Hook: Mustad 34007, #2
- Thread: Flat Waxed Nylon, fluorescent green
- Eyes: Lead Dumbbell, x-small
- Tail: Sili-Legs, amber/gold
- Body: Sparkle Yarn, brown and tan
- Weed Guard: Mason Hard Mono, 16#